July 12, 2010

Tangled Toes...


It's becoming a little hard to tell who's who.

When we first found out we were pregnant with Tatum, all of our friends who'd had their kids close in age told us "It'll be really, really hard for the first year... then you'll love it." I don't think truer words have been spoken. Honestly, the first year of Tatum's life is now a complete blur. I can look back on the 2009 blog, and laugh as I remember how doing anything seemed to require a well-choreographed plan in advance.

Today, Trevor and Tatum are truly best friends. They laugh together, play together... Trevor is even able to understand Tatum's words when we can't. When Trevor wakes up, and Tatum is sleeping, he almost always asks me to go wake her. And when Tatum wakes to find Trevor isn't there, she asks "Tre-vuh?" "Tre-vuh?" When I hand her a cup of juice, she always asks me to hand her Trevor's so she can be the one to give it to him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, today I realized we've arrived. We've made it. We've done it. We survived the insanity and have entered into a sweet, sweet time. We have grown, and learned so much through this past year and a half...and I know God isn't finished working on us yet! (Thank goodness!). So, to all of you reading, who are in the throws of infanthood, while chasing a toddler and thinking they will NEVER do anything at the same time... they will... I promise...and you. will. love. it.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I agree that the first year is hard, but I'm finding that having two toddlers is, at times, harder!! Mine are 2yrs 7mos and 1yr 4mos- just a bit younger than yours. Maybe mine and just wild and crazy boys because they keep me hopping all day long! Yours sure are adorable!!

Mary said...

Welcome to the other side, friend. To me now the only time when it gets overwhelming again is when they are sick. Given how rarely that happens in the big scheme of things there will never be a stretch that is harder than what you've lived through! You've graduated :)

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I have been seeing glimpses of it here in the past few weeks...like when they watch the I-Touch together, lol. I am so glad you have arrived, they are beautiful and you guys have done a beautiful job with them!

Lisa Mae said...

so sweet!