May 10, 2010

Happy Day After Mother's Day

So Mother's Day went pretty well - I didn't do as much for Heather as I had hoped, but I think she was happy with it. I almost laughed out loud, though, a few minutes ago when we were messaging and she told me Trevor was in the bathtub and she was cleaning poop out of his bed and off of him after a pullup malfunction during his nap. My first thought was "Well Happy Day After Mother's Day!". It just goes to show that, as you all know so well, a mother's job never, ever ends. And there is no mother on earth that does a better job with Trevor and Tatum than Heather. She is incredible. I truly believe God made her for this (duh, right?) because she's really really good at it. I don't mean just good at day to day stuff like cooking for them and dressing them nice and all of that - though she's good at that stuff too. (if it were up to me, they'd be eating grilled cheese at every meal) I'm talking the really important stuff... stimulating their little brains, taking every opportunity to teach them things about the world around them, being perceptive to what's really going on in their little heads and what they're really needing or whining about (that one always impresses me the most!).

All of that to say a big thank you to Heather, my wife, for being the best mom our kids could ever ask for - God truly designed her for this!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Nathan that is such a great and sweet tribute to your precious wife! She is a jewel!