August 9, 2009

The good kind of busy...

Here we are at the end of another week, the end of another great visit from family, the end of my 31st year, and the end of Tatum's 6th month of life. With such momentous occasions, you'd think I'd have more pictures... what can I say, we were busy!

Here is Trevor and his Grandma Steen or just "Steen" as Trevor puts it. This was taken just moments after they'd arrived (after a cancelled flight and several hours of delay). Trevor is playing his role as "the ham" quite well... here he is saying "Cheese!" A day or so later, Trevor and Scott (aka: "Cott") took some time to see what was going on in "Busy Town".
As part of my birthday, we replaced a MAJOR eyesore in my kitchen. Our former kitchen sink faucet was literally falling apart. Every time I turned it on and off, the fixture would move 4 our so inches back and forth. This isn't the best picture...but trust me, it's awesome. The new faucet is one with the handy sprayer that comes out of the faucet, rather than a separate component. I LOVE this. On Thursday, Mom and I took Trevor to peruse IKEA. It was a cool moment for me... it isn't often that I get to go shopping with my mom. Actually... I think I can confidently say it has been YEARS since we've been shopping together. There are a lot of times when I'm out and about that I see a young mom shopping with "Grandma" and the kids... it makes me a little sad every time- but not this week! While we were there, I spotted a super awesome (aka: inexpensive) solution for window treatment in our kitchen:

IKEA curtain rings: $2.99 each
Curtain: A table-runner courtesy of Target $17.99
The original plan was to use the curtain rings to attach four or five kitchen towels that coordinated with our kitchen. I loved the idea, because it meant I could easily change the curtains as my tastes changed. I went with the table runner because it was cuter than the towels I saw, and it was the perfect length.

Yesterday, I also made major headway on the art project for the play room. I've been working since (wow...) Trevor was 3 months old on this little painting of feet. I added to it when Tatum was born and it has finally found it's place on the wall. Next to it, are four canvases that we received as a Christmas present last year (Thanks Bry and Keli!).
I haven't quite finished the canvases, but I did manage to get BOTH kids' hand prints completed. Seriously, it's a miracle that worked.
First... Tatum's. Then, Trevor's...

To top it all off, our sweet baby girl turned 7 months old! She's melting our hearts more every day. She is rolling all over the place and is starting to babble more and more. She is still very laid back and easy-going. She is an observer...can't say that I blame her, there is never a shortage of interesting things to observe around here. Tatum is also funny... we call this one her Robin Williams smile...

Such a sweet, sweet girl!

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I love, love, love the window treatment idea!! I would have never thought of that! I love the art for the playroom, too! I am going to do some kind of canvases for ours too, I just can't decide what to put on them...but the hands and feet are super cute! Glad you had a good birthday and were able to spend some time with your Mom...that is always the best!!