May 20, 2011

Love her.


This is a day I already know I won't want to forget. There is nothing really remarkable about it (so far)... except that today is nearly the last day that I'll have the pleasure of spending some one-on-one time with my favorite girl. It's rainy, and there isn't much on the agenda. We've just dropped Trevor off at preschool for the day and we're home watching "Little Bear." She's feeling lazy and the feeling is mutual. I look at her and first think how I'd die to have my hair do anything on a humid, rainy Spring day and wonder how old she'll be before she starts hating what the humidity does to her curls. "Enjoy it now," I tell myself... "Enjoy it all." Next year, we won't just be taking Trevor to school, we'll be taking Tatum too. Then I'll trek home with their newborn baby brother and gush over his sweetness I'm sure. But for now, it's just me and my girl... and that's just about perfect.

2 comments:

Mary said...

and she is such a doll. I''d just sit and look at her too! She can call Charlie for curl counseling when they're older :)

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Such a good reminder to soak it all in Heather. Time marches by too fast...she is such a cutie!