November 12, 2010

Some things never change...

Even though it's hard to believe she was every this little...

Moments like this sure help me remember...

She looks so, so different, but the day seems almost the same. I remember taking the first one, Tatum and I were spending the morning together, her brother was napping upstairs. We played, and played, and I took pictures until she tuckered out... then I took a few more. I remember being struck by the sweetness of our girl. There was just something about her... gentle, loving, full of grace and beauty. That day, I truly understood the gift of a daughter. And today, the story was not much different. This time, her brother is at school, and we're spending the morning together. She's not feeling well, so her spunky little self is pretty mellow. This time she asked me for her blanket and her pillow. There is still something innately sweet and graceful about her, and I am still incredibly humbled, to have been given the precious gift of a daughter.

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Sweetness. Hope she feels better soon. She is truly a blessing!