July 27, 2010

She meets a friend everywhere she goes...

In a little town next to ours, there's a beach. Well, I suppose I should say "beach" because we all know there is no such thing anywhere near us, except maybe in our dreams. But, there is a lake near us, and lots and lots of playground sand that was painstakingly raked along the shoreline to form a "beach-ish" place.

The cool part? The kids don't know the difference. Actually, for children of the toddler variety, the lack of waves is actually very welcoming. They don't get knocked down, and they can still run in and out of the water, buckets in hand... sand in their toes.

The downside? Well, one of the locals there left a big, nasty, oozy, red bite on Tatum's ankle. She's on antibiotics. She was at the after hours pediatrician late last night, which is probably why, at 9:30am, she's still asleep. We're seriously hoping for much less redness, and much less ooze today. I'll keep you posted.


Update: This girl just can't get a break. Today, while I was helping Trevor with his shoes, Tatum decided to do a balancing act on a ride-on bulldozer. Her act ended with her head hitting the edge of the TV armoire you see behind her.
And here are a couple of pics of the nasty bite...or whatever it is! Truly, we don't exactly know what this is. And I can't tell if it's any better. The blue dots are pen marks we used to make sure the red part isn't spreading. Any guesses on the culprit here?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh NO!! Poor girl. Hope it's much better today

Lisa said...

Possibly a sand burn. My daughter has actually given herself a cut in her crotch area because the sand gets in her suit and rubs her skin raw.