February 20, 2009

The Fruits of the Nap Trap...


Tatum had been developing the nasty habit of non-sleep over the past few days and I think I've identified the cause. Having become accustomed to lugging Trevor all over the metroplex at a moment's whim, I began doing so with both kids as soon as it became physically and logistically possible. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten how easily a tiny baby can become over-stimulated. So, the past few days, I've elected to force myself to stay at home and focus on letting my baby girl sleep. My, what a change I've seen! She is now happily playful when awake and I am no longer making what felt like five THOUSAND trips up and down the stairs to replace her paci, etc...during her naps (all the while hoping Trevor didn't cause too much trouble while I was gone.) The only down-side to my new plan is that I seem to have fallen into the "nap trap." Basically, when Trevor is up and ready to go, Tatum is sleeping and vice versa. Another upside- this allows for some coveted one-on-one time with each kiddo. I say all of this to explain myself... expect lots of pictures of my baby girl, folks. Photo-shoots are a TON easier when big brother isn't vying for a) attention or b) the camera!

3 comments:

Mary said...

We know the nap trap well...might be a part of things for you for a while, but not forever!! It helps so much if they are well rested, doesn't it? Even though it's a PAIN for mommy. I still fight it after they have been sick or out of routine :)

Baby Bunching said...

I really did hate the nap trap. Just remember it is short lived. I've found the best way to cope is to bring the masses to you! Host a playgroup in the morning or afternoon so you get company and so does your oldest.

Love the new blog look.

-Knowles said...

I'm right there with you! We were off our routine last week and the baby didn't sleep well day or night. I'm hoping this week is better!